Home Play Support Products Blog Volunteer

Survival Mode Pro will be discontinued on February 28th

smpro

He’s talking about when the server had a reset bug that was causing the entire world to be wiped every few weeks, and then for a bit every day… With every world reset more and more players quit. It was really sad to watch.

1 Like

No smpro is being shut down… :sob: this was literally my favorite gamemode because you could have plots and do the classic survival gamemode in it.

0 Likes

Well i think there should be a plot refund meaning those who played smpro, and got plots, rhey should get a gift for that like if plots come back on sm, the users who paid will get it.

1 Like

They gave over a months notice, so no one should have bought a plot after they made the announcement. If they did it clearly states on the website that gamemodes can be removed at any time and refunds won’t be given.

2 Likes

Yes. They also removed the SM PRO PASS in doing that. So no harm done. Being a UBER VIP still has all the benefits in the game. @Annoying_Villager

1 Like

But there is sm and it keeps saying buy smpro and has features and can u devs remove it?

3 Likes

Windyisles is the lamest server

1 Like

I’m sad to hear that it is being discontinued, but it was expected. I’ve played smpro a lot, and I remember while, yes, it was nicer than sm was, it had tons of flaws. Plots reset, wilderness stopped resetting, chests stopped appearing, blocks didn’t drop…

These flaws and problems (weren’t/couldn’t be) fixed, so it was about time Smpro became less popular and got deleted. Still, I made many friends and memories on the smpro server, so it’s sad to say goodbye to the last survival server with plots. I hope eventually it can be attempted again and fixed!

3 Likes

I’m sad that it happened. This was my favourite mode. Now I regret wasting money on UberVip subscription. Let’s face it. Normal SM is worthless. No plots, map and inventory restarting too often, no redtstone, no tnt. Even lava and water is not moving. I’m really disappointed. Now buying UberVip is pointless.

0 Likes

I wouldn’t necessarily say it is worthless however I do think now that plots are gone, improvement could be made. I think the issue with plots was that too many issues evolved around them and players often bashed on Lifeboat for it being “pay-to-win”.

0 Likes

I agree. But bringing plots back is essential. Moreover, the map is being restarted too often. Players are mad as they don’t want to waste time on building when their work will vanish in a few days. The same with the inventory.

0 Likes

It does sound like a good idea but also a bad idea. While I do agree that it is not fair to put all of your hard work into a base and farming countless resources for it all to only vanish once you leave, introducing plots back into SM may also introduce more issues again.

Now of course you are always going to get those players who will complain about them being “pay-to-win” and begin to spread false hate towards Lifeboats and the developers, but then again you are also going to get the players who will be glad to see them back. It’s a pretty split community and overall makes it difficult to decide whether to add plots in again or not.

I’m sure Lifeboat may consider it, however I doubt they will be bringing them back.

1 Like

Without plots, its true survival mode.

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

0 Likes

Survivial mode still sucks tho. We can’t just have server reseting over and over. There isn’t a way where we can save our builds, our spawns and more, sm suck for now. What’s a point of sm? No ranking points, complete waste of time. There isn’t a way to claim a base.

2 Likes

I totally agree…

3 Likes

Agreed to.

0 Likes