Home Play Support Products Blog Volunteer

New language

Add /lang fr (french)
There are some french peoples like me on this server

There are lot of other languages, but not French on this server

0 Likes

You can translate into French by yourself and become an official Lifeboat translator!

Please read this ~

https://forums.lbsg.net/t/how-to-translate-lifeboat-into-your-language/52616/7

1 Like

Wow /lang command exists without the french language?

0 Likes

It does, it’s just that we don’t have enough French translators, again, if you’re a native or very fluent into French you can help us out.

0 Likes

ahhh… but why not use google translate, english-french dictionaries or other translators?

0 Likes

As far as I know, we’d like native or fluent people into the language they want to translate, translating everything ourselves by using Google translator isn’t the same because of some meanings aren’t the same as a native would say, do I make myself clear?

1 Like

maybe…

0 Likes

Weren’t you taught to never use Google translate in school XD

To be serious it’s not advanced enough yet for more complex sentences and sayings.

0 Likes

Pretty sure that language exists a long time ago, mate. Why should we invent another one?

0 Likes

so what is the purpose of those sites? We can’t say that they invented those things for nothing…
And in our school, using available resources is a must, and there are legitimate resources located on internet sites so we should not say that all that we could see in google are illegitimate.

0 Likes

Google Translate can be a good resource, but frankly if you’re going to translate long or complex sentences it gets very easily confused by grammar and structure. I’ve been studying French for about 3 and a half years, and have occasionally used it to verify my translations of individual words but it is not reliable for anything more than that. It’s a good site if you want to get the basic idea of an article in a language you don’t understand, or if you want to say a basic greeting to someone who speaks another language. In a few years it might become reliable enough to use for our purposes but right now it just isn’t advanced enough.

0 Likes

They’re amazing tools but they’re not perfect which is why they shouldn’t be used to translate messages for the server. If you’ve ever used it you would see that it makes quite a few mistakes.

Google isn’t a source, it’s a search engine. Google translate definitely isn’t a legitimate way to translate something for school purposes for the reasons penguin listed.

0 Likes