Home Play Support Products Blog Volunteer

Guide to Coloured Text

Hello!

We’ve just installed our new BBCode colour plugin! This allows you to use any colour you want in your text. Please note that you should always use a text colour that is readable - no bright neon colours or colours that show up badly on dark or light backgrounds (colours like red, blue, and green work well). If problems arise we may disable the plugin altogether.

How to Use:

The plugin utilizes BBCode to make coloured text. The format is this:

Text colour:

[color=your color]Your text[/color]

Background colour:

[bgcolor=your color][color=your second color]Your text[/color][/bgcolor]

Replace “your colour” and “your second colour” with your desired colour.

Examples:

[color=blue]This text is blue.[/color] 

is

This text is blue.

And

[bgcolor=aqua][color=black]This text is black on an aqua background.[/color][/bgcolor]

is

This text is black on an aqua background.

Notes

You can also use hexadecimal codes though rgb usually won’t work. If you don’t know what those are, just stick to words like “aqua”, “blue”, “red”, etc. If the colour isn’t supported, it’ll display differently or not at all the preview window.

This stacks with HTML sometimes, only if the HTML is wrapped inside the BBCode. Using the preview function you can tell whether or not the code worked. If you have any further questions or concerns state them here.

Preview

Quick display of its capacities:

Credits to Hazard for the testing.

11 Likes

pinned globally #2
0 Likes

The color my teacher uses when she marks my Algebra test.

0 Likes

This plugin is really cool!

1 Like

Hello

How do you do it?

0 Likes

Does it work. It’s fake

You should make the explanation more clearer. @Penguin

0 Likes

Not fake, you don’t put the colour in parentheses, that is just a placeholder. Oh, and also, when doing it, spell colour the American way.

1 Like

What is the meaning of corgis?

Edit: Took me a solid minute or two to get this down correctly. :sob::joy:

0 Likes

uwu

0 Likes

This is a great plugin,it makes the forums more personalised to the players in my opinion

Now if only signatures were added.

[color=#19A5DB]Test[/color] - Copy / Paste me
0 Likes

Nice Update

But why did you have to spell “color” with the inferior American spelling?

3 Likes

A lot of people do it, in fact, America is the only country that spells it that way, I could be wrong, there might be a tiny minority, but my point still stands. This is British spelling, this spelling of words like colour, neighbour, and saviour came from England, and obviously, that’s where English originated. Noah Webster reformed these type of words into these types: Color, Neighbor, and Savior. He did this to show that we have cut ties with British rule.

Yeah, this kind of turned from a reply to some sort of history lesson :joy: Sorry about that.

0 Likes

I meant to reply to this comment, my bad.

0 Likes

It won’t work the British/Canadian way :/. I tried to use “colour” everywhere else though outside the code.

0 Likes

I call this discrimination XD

1 Like

hi lol

0 Likes

Welp, that’s white text lol. We can use that now instead of the <> when typing something below the character limit.

0 Likes

1 Like

Oh, that’s how you wanna play it then? Different format huh? Well, since you are using a black background I bet you can’t read THIS!

See, xBriqn, I won.

1 Like

Dang it, he can see it. Gg.

1 Like