Home Play Support Products Blog Volunteer

Forum Rank?

Hello everyone, I have an idea for a new rank. You know how there’s a Discord rank, right? Well, what if there’s a rank for people who are on the forums! I propose the [FORUM] rank. I’m not 100 percent certain on what things should be given to a person of said rank, (maybe a particle or two) But it would be great to have a rank that shows you’re on the forums and that you’re an active member of the Lifeboat community.
Sincerely,
Dxmpling

0 Likes

Idk about that tho.

0 Likes

This has been asked many times before, and it has been denied all those times.

2 Likes

Maybe because the proposal needs some adjustments. All proposals and suggestions are denied because of that factor.

0 Likes

You only get a discord rank because there is a discord bot behind it, I don’t think there is a bot on the forums that can give the rank.

0 Likes

What’s the point of fourm rank?

0 Likes

THIS…

0 Likes

I requested for this! Hopefully it gets through. :))

1 Like

I really love this idea and hope that they will implement it. I think this would really bring in a lot of players.

2 Likes

But if it’s forum rank, they don’t it be Red color? And why don’t it have red lifeboat ship pet?

0 Likes

It’s not a question of whether they would implement it, it is a question on how they would implement it. You see, with discord, you can code a bot to do this easy peasy, but with the forums, it’s going to be a LOT more complicated. And as Jacob stated before, this would be a lot of manual labor on their part.

As blizzard said, this has been denied multiple times before. Go to the search bar and type “Forums rank.” You will see what they have to say.

0 Likes

Well we do have the Discobot here so it wouldn’t be impossible, depending on how they decided to set it up. But yes I understand it would be a lot of work. Either way, it would be nice to see more players here.

0 Likes

I don’t think discobot focuses on that aspect of the forums. It’s more like some fun bot or some tutorial bot on how to use the forums.

0 Likes

Yes I was just saying it is possible for them to code bots here, like on Discord, but I do feel like there is less of a focus on the forums. Would be nice if they could code another bot that could do this, but it would be some work for someone, and I don’t know who they would have do that.

0 Likes

How would you activate it though?

0 Likes

If we are going to have a forum rank, I will have to assign them manually and it’ll be reserved for Regulars rather than everyone.

2 Likes

Discobot isnt completely made by LB, it’s a bot that comes with the discourse template, only a few things in discobot are done by LB.

1 Like

Yeah, guys, forget everything I said, let’s do this! This might be able to work.

1 Like

Maybe u guys need to make a separate discord server, then the forum will give a invite link to dst server, and in order to get fourm rank, go to separate discord server, go to bot commands and type /ign (xbox username)

And the bot responds: “I added fourms rank in-game, your xbox live account! @_hacker_mittu47 has received it!”

0 Likes

That would really be to much work I think.

I really like the idea of only regulars getting it. Means that new players will actually have to be active here and that’s really what we need.

2 Likes